What is Puerto Rico Girls’ Basketball Foundation, Inc.?
- The Women’s Basketball Foundation of Puerto Rico Inc., is a non-profit organization registered under the laws of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- It was born under the initiative and existing need in our country to have a systematic plan / program for the identification and development of talents where it comprehensively prepares student athletes practicing Basketball.
- The main objective of our entity is to encourage girls to use sports as a tool to obtain academic-sports scholarship opportunities in high schools and universities in the United States.
At the beginning of 2017, we had the vision of creating a comprehensive training and preparation program aimed at student athletes who practice women’s basketball, serving as a manager and providing opportunities to obtain scholarships, using the discipline of sport as a tool where they can achieve your dreams and goals.
With more than three (3) years of existence we have been able to develop and implement a large number of initiatives for the benefit of the student athletes of our program. More importantly, to be able to draw up an individualized plan and establish the route to receive a Preparation of Excellence according to your profile.
Zuleimarie Sánchez - Executive director
Executive director FBFPUR
– Member of the National Adult Team 2006-2008
– Former Professional Player for 10 seasons in the Puerto Rico Women’s National Superior Basketball.
– Experience of 11 years as a coach in the minor categories of Puerto Rico.
– 2017-2020 Coach of youth teams of the Puerto Rico Basketball Federation.